- 1 lb medjool dates, pitted
- 2 cups HOT coffee
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, plus extra for greasing (at room temperature)
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 1/2 cups cassava flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar
- 4 large eggs
- Pink Himalayan sea salt
- 1 /2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1 cups coconut cream
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Make 2 cups of coffee. Meanwhile, pit the dates and put into bowl with the cinnamon + nutmeg. Pour coffee over dates, and cover. Leave for 10 minutes. In a blender, blitz to a smooth puree
- Butter two 8 inch round pans. In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter and sugars together using a wooden spoon, or mixer. Beat in the eggs, one by one, then, stir in the flour and fold in the pureed dates. Pour the cake mixture into pans and then bake for 40 to 50 minutes, or until an inserted skewer comes out clean.
- When your cake is almost ready, make the sauce. Cube the butter and melt in a small saucepan on a medium heat. Add sugar, then, once nicely mixed, add the coconut cream. Bring to a boil, then simmer for around 5 minutes, or until a lovely deep golden colour.
- As soon as the cakes are ready, flip out onto a plate and brush all over with Sprinkle with a little sea salt. Allow to cool
- In between cakes, layer toffee sauce.
- Build the cake, carefully.
- Top with toffee sauce, Wildway Vanilla Espresso Granola, and raspberries.
- Serve with toffee sauce and vanilla ice cream.
*inspired by Jamie’s Comfort Food by Jamie Oliver, published by Penguin Books and in Canada by HarperCollins Publishers Ltd.