'Tis the season for family, friends, and delicious cookies! These healthy holiday cookies are perfect for your Christmas or Thanksgiving lineup. Made with Wildway's Espresso Coconut Chips, almond flour, and antioxidant-rich dark chocolate chips. Plus, these vegan holiday cookies are gluten-free, dairy-free, and paleo for those with dietary restrictions.
Vegan Holiday Cookies: Espresso Chocolate Chip Coconut
1/4 cup (50g) coconut oil
1/4 cup (65g) almond butter
1/4 cup (35g) coconut sugar
2 tbsp (40g) maple syrup
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 flax egg (1 tbsp flax meal + 3 tbsp water)
1 cup (120g) almond flour
1/4 cup (30g) tapioca starch
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tbsp espresso powder
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup (180g) dark chocolate chips
3/4 cup (~50g) Wildway Espresso Coconut Chips
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Prepare the flax egg and set aside to gel.
- In a bowl, combine coconut oil, almond butter, coconut sugar, maple syrup, and vanilla extract.
- Beat with a hand mixer, then add the flax egg and continue beating until combined.
- Add the almond flour, tapioca starch, baking soda, salt, and espresso powder. Beat to combine to a thick dough.
- Fold in the dark chocolate chips and the Wildway Espresso Coconut Chips (gently crumbled) saving a few for on top.
- Scoop (2-3 tablespoons per cookie) onto the lined baking sheet. Top each with a few extra chocolate chips and coconut chips, pressing the vegan holiday cookies down slightly to flatten.
- Bake for 11-12 minutes at 350°F.
- Cool 10 minutes before removing from the pan.
Vegan Holiday Cookie Recipe Written By @FeastingOnFruit